Unit 35 Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (RQF) L5 Assignment Brief
Scenario for LO1
You need to create a development portfolio which shows your ‘own’ learning progress and acquisition of key skills. You are required to make use of headings, paragraphs and subsections as appropriate. The portfolio should include evidence for the planning and monitoring of progress towards the achievement of personal and professional objectives.
Students are to produce a portfolio containing the following documents:
•Skills and attributes analysis required by HR professionals, based on a range of different roles within an organisation.
•Personal SWOT analysis.
•Personal development plan based on the SWOT analysis for one of the job roles.
Scenario for LO2, LO3 and LO4
You are recruited as an external Learning and Development Consultant by a large global organisation of your choice. The Director of Human Resources of your organisation requires you to produce an individual report which must address the following question:
To what extent does the organisation effectively utilise learning and development to support individuals and teams to help it to operate high-performance working (HPW) in a high-performance culture?
You are required to demonstrate the use of critical thinking to support a conclusion that justifies your arguments. The report should cover the following:
•An introduction to the organisation.
•An analysis of continuing professional development (CPD) and the requirements for individual and organisational development.
•An evaluation of what HPW is and how HPW contributes to employee engagement and motivation, providing specific examples as evidence.
•Evaluate the different approaches to HPW and make recommendations for improvements
What you must do?
The following issues are required to be carried out:
LO1 Analyse the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of staff members by HR professionals
- Using examples from an organisation of your choice, determine appropriate and professional knowledge, skills and behaviours that are required by HR professionals.
- You are required to analyse a completed personal skills audit to identify appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviours and develop a professional development plan for a given job role in an organisation of your choice. You should provide a detailed professional skills audit that demonstrates evidence of personal reflection and evaluation.
LO2 Analyse the factors to be considered when implementing and evaluating inclusive learning and development to drive sustainable business performance.
- Using examples from your chosen organisation, analyse the differences between organisational and individual learning, training and development. You are required to analyse the need for continuous learning and professional development to drive sustainable business performance. You should also apply learning cycle theories to analyse the importance of implementing continuous professional development.
- Based on your analysis of the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of staff members by HR professionals and your analysis of the factors to be considered when implementing and evaluating inclusive learning and development, produce a detailed and coherent professional development plan that appropriately sets out learning goals and training in relation to the learning cycle to achieve sustainable business performance objectives.
LO3 Apply knowledge and understanding to the ways in which high-performance working contributes to employee engagement and competitive advantage.
- Using examples from your chosen oragnisation, demonstrate your understanding of how HPW contributes to employee engagement and competitive advantage. You should use your chosen organisation to analyse the benefits of applying HPW.
LO4 Evaluate ways in which performance management, collaborative working and effective communication can support high-performance culture and commitment
- To demonstrate your understanding of the importance of performance in organisations, evaluate different approaches to performance management (e.g. collaborative working), and demonstrate with specific examples how they can support high-performance culture and commitment in your chosen organisation. You should critically evaluate the different approaches and make judgements on how effective they can be to support high-performance culture and commitment in your chosen organisation.
- You are required to provide valid synthesis of knowledge and information resulting in appropriate judgements on how HPW and mechanisms used to support HPW lead to improved employee engagement, commitment and competitive advantage in your chosen organisation.