Set objectives and provide support for an active leisure team
Unit reference number: H/503/0871
QCF level: 3
Credit value: 5
Guided learning hours: 25
This unit covers the competence that a learner needs to supervise the work of a team in an active leisure organisation.
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria
1. Be able to brief an active leisure team on its objectives
Set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound) objectives with team members
Communicate the team’s purpose and objectives to its members
2. Be able to plan work with an active leisure team
Manage team discussions on how objectives will be met
Enable team members to participate in the planning process
Develop plans to meet team objectives
3. Be able to support an active leisure team in its work.
Identify opportunities and difficulties faced by team members
Evaluate identified opportunities and difficulties with team members
Provide advice and support to team members to overcome identified difficulties and challenges
Provide advice and support to team members to make the most of identified opportunities
4. Be able to monitor and evaluate progress and achievements
Monitor and evaluate individual and team activities and progress
Provide recognition when individual and team objectives have been achieved
Assessment requirements/evidence requirements
Learning outcomes 1-4
Evidence of performance in the workplace on more than one occasion. There should be a combination of at least two of the following:
- observation (for example team briefings or observing the learner supervising a team)
- testimony of others (for example line manager)
- products of work (for example staff rotas, briefing sheets, notes of team meetings, relevant emails to team members)
- reflective account. Simulations are not allowed
This unit is assessed in the workplace or in conditions resembling the workplace. Learners can enter the types of evidence they are presenting for assessment and the submission date against each assessment criterion.
Alternatively, centre documentation should be used to record this information.