COURSEWORK FRONT SHEET
MODULE TITLE: Project Management ADM
MODULE CODE: MAN7084
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria specific to this assignment:
- Identify and evaluate a range of theories, concepts and approaches to Project Management
- Critically evaluate project management knowledge areas and critique project management software tools.
- Apply project management concepts and understand different types of projects e.g. Traditional, Agile, Emertxe, and Extreme Projects.
- Evaluate project closure and how to facilitate knowledge retention in future projects
Please see detailed marking scheme.
Using a successful Project Management within the creative sector (e.g. arts, media, design, broadcasting, luxury goods, building design, etc.) is essential to take ideas from beginning to fruition, assisting with the operationalising of new innovation and smooth delivery of essential tasks. You will need to explore project management issues within the creative sector. It aims to present a research informed approach to enable the management of resources and decision-making, in areas such as defining, planning, costing and reviewing large scale projects and will be delivered specifically for PG students only.
Assessment: 100% Coursework.
The individual 3000 word assignment report allows you to apply your project management knowledge in a practical way based around a common-themed case study on an Arts and Culture Festival or a self-determined project of your choice from within the Creative Industries Sector or that addresses the following:
- Traditional, Agile, xPM and MPx considerations
- The five stages of a PMLC (project management life cycle) model for the project
- Any project planning considerations & an outline of how you would manage and control the project
- Project risk management & managing any potential scope issues
- Project stakeholder management & Managing client expectations
- How you would close the project and transfer any relevant learning to future projects.
- Remember to add conclusion and make necessary recommendations.
- Create a simple precedence table with relevant project tasks, a Network Analysis chart and a Gantt chart using Project Management Software (e.g. Microsoft Project) for the new Arts and Culture Festival or a self-determined project of your choice from within the Creative Industries Sector using Project Management Software.
- Copy these two Project Libre charts and your entered precedence table (using Project Management Software) into your assignment. Ensure the critical path is identifiable in your Network Analysis chart.
- Use of presentations enables you to build on your formative feedback on your chosen topic area to demonstrate an understanding of key concepts that impact on leaders in businesses. It provides you with an opportunity to draw upon your academic understanding of key concepts and share your learning in a practical manner.