Assignment Title: DHS 3: Promote personal development in care settings
1. Understand what is required for competence in own work role.
1.1. Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.
1.2. Explain the expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards.
1.3. Describe how to work effectively with others.
2. Be able to reflect on practice.
2.1. Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided.
2.2. Describe how own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice.
3. Be able to evaluate own performance.
3.1. Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against rlevant standards.
4. Be able to agree a personal development plan.
4.1. Identify sources of support for planning and reviewing own development.
5. Be able to use learning opportunities and reflective practice to contribute to personal development.
5.1. Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice.
5.2. Explain how reflective practice has led to improved ways of working.
5.3. Explain why continuing professional development is important.