Introduction to Oil and Gas Environment
Learning outcomes assessed:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key divisions in an oil and gas sector organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the competitive elements in each division or department
- Discuss the contribution to communities of oil and gas sector activities, the requirements for performance reporting and the value of branding and marketing
- Understand the significance of the environment to the success of a business
The oil and gas industry is considered to be the biggest sector in the world in terms of dollar value and it is a global powerhouse employing hundreds of thousands of workers worldwide as well as generating hundreds of billions of dollars globally each year. In regions which house the major NOCs (National Oil Companies), these oil and gas companies are so vital they often contribute a significant amount towards national GDP (Gross Domestic Product). However, there are some macro-economic factors (PESTLE) which may affect its growth.
In a 2,000-word report, choose one organisation from the list below,
Then address the following:
(1) Determine the role and activities within the downstream division of the chosen company (LO1 & 2). [35 Marks]
(2) Assess how macroeconomic factors can affect the success of the chosen company (LO3). [33 Marks]
(3) Discuss how the chosen company contributes to the indigenous people and to the local communities in which they operate (LO4).