You are the Human Resource Director of any organization of your choice that is looking to enhance their competitiveness in an industry that has become not only highly saturated but also demanding with regards to demands for superior service quality. The senior management team has ascertained that the growth of the company has been stunted, thus the management has begun looking into the internal variables specifically professional skills, leadership, emotional intelligence development etc. You have been tasked to come out with a report detailing the:-
1.1 Use appropriate methods to evaluate personal skills required to achieve organizational’sstrategic goals
1.2 Apply techniques to assess the professional skills required to support the strategic goals of the organisation
2.1 Develop a skills audit plan to evaluate the strategic skills needed to meet current and future leadership requirements
2.2 Apply appropriate techniques to identify preferred learning style
3.1 Construct a personal development plan that meets leadership development requirements identified in the skills audit
3.2 Use suitable methods to assess the outcomes of a personal development plan against personal work objectives
3.3 Evaluate the impact of own learning against the achievement of strategic goals
Assignments should be approximately 3000 words in length using fonts Times New Roman or Arial, 12 as font size and 1 ½ spacing.
The work must be referenced using the `American Psychological Association (APA)’ format. The references in the main body of the text and the reference list do not count towards the word limit. The format of the assignment should follow post-graduate standards. A likely report structure would be:
- Describe the field and industry of your company operation
- Elaborate and introduce the fundamental personal and professional development theories in relation to the company you have chosen.
- Connecting the personal and professional development theories with company strategic goals using Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programmes.
- LO2: Assessing individual skills and competencies against organizational and personal objectives.
- LO2: Discuss personal learning styles and evaluate personal learning style preferences.
- With reference to LO3, you are required to develop a Personal Development Plan (PDP) and stress the importance of having a plan (i.e., to provide a systematic or structured approach to decisions about what is needed to learn and how to plan to learn it).At the same time, it also more importantly you are required to synthesize on the control and monitoring process to ensure the PDP you have suggested will be successful in the short and long term.