Evaluate what it means to be an HR professional, making reference to the current CIPD Profession Map.
Briefly describe the elements of group dynamics and give at least two examples of conflict resolution methods within an HR context.
With reference to a recent or current project (large or small) which you have led (or been part of a project team):
- Provide evidence of using project management and problem-solving techniques in the course of the project.
- Explain how you successfully influenced, persuaded and negotiated with others in the course of the project (or other related activity).
- Undertake a self-assessment of one area of your practice to identify your professional development needs in that area and options to address these.
- Produce a professional development plan (PDP) plan to meet your professional development needs which includes a justification of the option(s) chosen.
- During your programme, provide a reflective summary of your performance against the plan. You should also identify any future development needs and record these in your PDP.
Evidence to be produced/required
A portfolio of evidence of approximately 2600 words in total (excluding the PDP) that responds to each of the four tasks.
You should relate academic concepts, theories and professional practice to the way organisations operate, in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other publications and by using organisational examples for illustration.