Unit Number and Title: Unit 3: Supporting the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
Assignment Title: Investigating Health and Social Care Services for the Individual & Facilitating the Individual Journey through Integrated Health and Social Care
This assignment will have two parts:
Submission should be in the form of a word-processed Report
LO2, LO3 and LO4
LO1 Examine the health, care and support services available to an individual requiring multidisciplinary care.
LO2: Assess an individual’s capacity to identify their own needs.
LO3: Describe the impact of own relationship with the individual and multidisciplinary team members involved in the delivery of the care pathway.
LO4: Demonstrate the need for person-centred communication in implementing person-centred plans.
For the assessment of LO1 you are required to write a report of approximately 1,500 words containing evidence of your research and findings. Your report should consider the services available within your local area and how they meet the needs of an individual requiring multidisciplinary care.
You will need to:
- Outline local community resources and provision that supports integrated care planning/working
- Describe local unmet need related to healthcare provision in own local area.
- Explain the difference between health and social care providers and types of interagency care provision in relation to meeting the needs of the individual requiring care
- Evaluate local resources/provision in terms of meeting the needs of an identified individual requiring multidisciplinary care.
For the assessment of LO2 you will be required to produce two elements:
- An anonymised care assessment which demonstrates the capacity of an individual to make choices in their care pathway. This will be the start of your case study.
- A report of 1,500 – 2,000 words regarding the differences in care assessment processes.
You will need to:
- Outline an individual’s capacity to support the identification of their own care needs
- Describe your role and that of different healthcare professionals in supporting the individual through person-centred care
- Explain the process of different person-centred assessments in defining the individual’s own care pathway
- Critically evaluate a capacity assessment of an individual’s care needs to identify areas for improvement.
For the assessment of LO3 and LO4, your portfolio will include Reflections on your anonymised care assessment and work practice,you will include observations of your:
1. Partnership working within a multidisciplinary team involved in the delivery of the care pathway.
2. Skills required for person-centred communication in implementing person-centred plans.
In your Reflection, you will need to:
- Identify the relationships and partnership working within multidisciplinary working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Describe the responsibilities of information sharing between multidisciplinary teams
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of information sharing within the multidisciplinary team and the impact on the individuals care needs
- Provide a detailed analysis of your role in partnership working and coproduction with the individual for the delivery of the care pathway
- Describe the responsibilities involved in balancing individuals rights and choices with duty of care
- Explain the differing communication methods used to support an individual in meeting and reviewing their care needs
- Analyse a balanced approach to positive risk taking in supporting the individual to meet their ongoing care needs
- Critically evaluate your role in facilitating and empowering the individual to communicate their changing care needs.