Principles of effective Human Resource Management (HRM) - Human Resource Management - Assignment Research Paper
Academic Level: Under-Graduate, Masters
Subject Area: Human Resource
The aim of this unit is to enable students to appreciate and apply principles of effective Human Resource Management (HRM). People are the lifeblood of any organisation and being able to attract, recruit and retain talented staff is at the core of all HRM activity. This unit will explore the tools and techniques used in HRM to maximise the employee contribution and how to use HR methods to gain competitive advantage.
- Explain the purpose and scope of Human Resource Management in terms of resourcing an organisation with talent and skills appropriate to fulfill business objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the key elements of Human Resource Management in an organisation
- Analyse internal and external factors that affect Human Resource Management decision-making, including employment legislation
- Apply Human Resource Management practices in a work-related context
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches to recruitment and selection, supported by specific examples.
- Critically evaluate HRM practices and application within an organisational context, using a range of specific examples
- Critically evaluate employee relations and the application of HRM practices that inform and influence decision-making in an organisational context