Unit Title: Individual Differences and Cognitive Processes
Assignment Title: Individual Differences – Nature Nurture and Memory
Long answer questions
Answer the following questions in theory and research into cognitive processes
- Explain what is meant by cognitive processes. (AC 2.1)
- Briefly describe one theory that attempts to explain how information is processed into memory (AC 2.2)
- What were the conclusions of research supporting the theory you have described?? (AC 2.2)
- Evaluate the theory and/or supporting research evidence of the theory you have described (AC 2.3)
Write an essay in response to the question:
Describe and evaluate the nature versus nurture debate in psychology
You are advised to consider the following areas within your essay:
- Define with examples, what the nature/nurture debate is within a psychological context. Examples may be from your study of unit 2, that illustrate the nature/nurture debate.
- Describe and evaluate research into the genetic/biological/environmental factors in relation to one of your chosen examples/areas.
- Briefly describe and evaluate the research methods used to investigate the nature/nurture basis of behavior (e.g. twin studies , adoption studies, family studies etc.)
- Based upon the research you present, draw a conclusion relating to the above question.