Assessment Title: Project Report for Client Organisation
Learning Outcomes for the item of assessment:
This item of assessment covers the following learning outcomes. For the full list of learning outcomes for the module, please refer to the Module Study Guide.
• Identify relevant real-life business issues and expand knowledge and understanding through a practical application of business theory.
• Transfer academic knowledge and understanding to real-life business issues.
• Critically evaluate and apply knowledge and understanding to produce a project report.
• Reflect upon work-based business practice and how academic knowledge and understanding underpins practice.
• Use reflective practice to explore, identify, and evaluate the application of theory.
• Work independently, organising and maintaining a programme of study to meet employer and academic deadlines.
• Communicate research and findings.
Write a report for the client organisation about your internship experience.
This report should contain: a description of your experiences in the organisation; a reflection on your internship and its relationship to your studies; and recommendations for the organisation.
- how the theoretical and practical knowledge you acquired during your degree course prepared you for this professional experience and your desired career track;
- which frameworks and theories were applicable;
- which academic approaches may have been be less relevant to the context of your internship;
- recommendations for the organisation.
This assessment has a first sit and re-submission opportunity, but no retake opportunity.
This assessment constitutes 70% of the final assessment module grade
The main sections of the report are outlined below.
1. Cover sheet
2. Executive summary
a) Provide a summary outlining the contents and recommendations of the report. It should be written in a style that is suitable for both academic and non-academic readers.
3. Table of contents
b) Indicate the major sections of the report with page numbers (subheadings are optional).
4. Organisational overview
c) Include: the name of the organisation; a detailed description of its activities, the organisational structure/chart; and the function of the department in which you were working.
d) Comment on your role as an intern and the project that you undertook. Describe the working schedule: where and when you were working, and the types of practical skills and tools that were required or used. (15% of the marks)
5. Organisational analysis
e) Evaluate the internal operations of the business using an appropriate academic model.
f) Taking academic theories into account, examine the organisation’s business structures, systems and policies.
g) Present your findings and analyses using narrative statements, charts and images. (40% of the marks)
h) Based on your findings and analyses, reflect on your role, and make recommendations for the organisation. Your recommendations should include implementation guidance where necessary, along with timelines and project plans. (25% of the marks)
i) Use the Harvard referencing system for your citations and the references in the reference list. (10% of the marks)
8. Clarity, appropriate report structure & Appendices
j) Cover sheet
k) Executive summary
l) Table of contents
m) Clarity and appropriate report structure
n) You may include any relevant supplementary material – these will not contribute to the word count. (10% of the marks)