Business Law - Assignment
The assessment will test the following learning outcomes:
- Identify and critically compare the main business organisational structures within England and Wales in terms of legal personality, status, formation and administrative requirements
- Demonstrate through written essays analysis and reasoning skills and the ability to apply to realistic scenarios through the use of company law provisions and common law principles.
- Appraise the concept of corporate governance and its importance, appreciating the role of the Companies Acts and precedents in creating a legal framework for companies.
- Examine the various duties, rights and forms of liability within the business context
This is group assignment which consists of two stages. You will form a group of 3 to 4 students. In the first stage, you will gather information for the task below and in the second stage you will present what is required from you.
Your group is running a legal consultancy firm in Muscat. You have been approached by two inverters one is Omani nationality and Australian nationality who together want to start a business of Restaurant in AlMuaj Muscat. They want your advice and consultancy on establishing an LLC for their proposed business. Your legal consultancy firm has agreed to provide consultancy services to them but for the deal to be finalized you have to make a presentation of the whole process of the formation of an LLC company. You also have to give details of the documents required, the time needed for different approvals, and all the costs involved. In the end, you should also be giving details of your consultancy charges.
Stage 1 – Data Gathering and Compilation
Your group will gather information related to your consultancy task. You can visit websites; meet lawyers and officials in different ministries who are related to your consultancy task; gather information from books, journals and other publications. You can use any source that is useful for your purpose.
You will keep a record of all the information that you gather.
It is open for you to choose whatever format you desire for this purpose. Stage 2 – Presentation
After having collected all data you will make a presentation to your potential clients. Make sure that you adhere to the following points below:
- Make your presentations on MS PowerPoint.
- All presentation material should come from the data gathered in Stage 1.
- Your presentation should be ready by the eighth week of the semester. December. Your course instructor will issue a schedule of presentations and you must follow that.
- All members of the group will have to present together. Absent group member(s) will be awarded a zero mark.
- The presentation will be 15 to 20 minutes followed a 5 minute question and answer session. All group members will have to present and presentation material and time should be divided equally amongst the group members.
- Group Leader must handover the compilation of the material gathered in Stage 1, and both soft and hard copies of the presentation.
***END OF ASSIGNMENT TASK***