You have been asked by your CIPD Branch to lead a discussion at one of its events on ‘The evolving role of HR in the contemporary business world’. In preparation for the event you have been asked to produce an academic paper for the delegate pack, which includes the following:
- A comparison of two different tools* for analysing an organisation’s business environment
- An assessment of at least four factors which might impact on an organisation’s business and its HR function.
- An analysis of two forces currently shaping HR and the HR agenda.
- An explanation of the key stages of business strategy formulation and implementation and the potential role of HR in each of these.
- An examination of the contribution HR can make to business ethics and accountability.
- An explanation, with examples, of how business performance can be evaluated and the role of HR in ongoing business planning and change management.
- An assessment of three different sources of business data with examples of how each can be used to inform business planning.
WORD COUNT: 3900