Your CEO has asked each departmental head to undertake a critical review of their systems, processes and practices as part of a major organisational change agenda. You have been asked to review an area of HR/business practice and present a business report to key stakeholders with recommendations for improving practice. To provide the basis for your report, you have been asked to conduct a critical review of information sources relevant to the area of practice. You should:
- Select an area of HR/business practice and give the reason for your choice
- Undertake a critical review of different information sources (at least four) e.g. research digests, academic and professional literature, online databases, key texts relevant to the selected area of practice.
- Draw meaningful conclusions from the review of the different information sources.
- Make justified recommendations to named stakeholders for sustaining and/or improving practice.
Your report structure should include:
- Title page (report title and their name, submission date)
- Executive summary (overview, methods of analysis, findings, recommendations)
- Table of contents (list of numbered sections)
- Introduction (terms of reference)
- Main body (headings and sub-headings – these could be for each information source reviewed). Candidates should use a mix of narrative and diagrammatic formats to present their findings.
- Reference list/Bibliography
- Appendix if used i.e. information supporting their analysis but not essential to its explanation.
a. Summarise the key stages of the research process.
b. Compare two different research methods.
WORD COUNT: 3900