Unit 2.3 WB: Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
Unit reference J/505/9814 Unit level 3
Credit Value 2 GLH 20
Unit aim This unit provides the knowledge, understanding and skills to support the health and
safety of children from birth to 7 years.
Learner name: Centre no:
1. Understand legislation and guidelines for health and safety.
1.1. Summarize current legislation and guidelines relating to the health and safety of children.
2. Understand policies and procedures for health and safety.
2.1. Identify policies and procedures relating to the health and safety of children.
2.2. Analyze how legislation and guidelines for health and safety inform day to day work with children.
2.3. Describe procedures for:
- Registration of children.
- Collection of children
3. Be able to manage risk within an environment which provides challenge for children.
3.1. Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management.
3.2. Carryout risk assessment within own setting.
3.3. Describe how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed.
3.4. Support children in own setting to manage risk.
3.5. Reflect on own role in the setting when managing risk.
4. Be able to identify, record and report accidents, incidents and emergencies.
4.1. Complete records in the event of: