Assignment Title: APH 13: Human anatomy and physiology
- Understand the organisation of the human body
- Understand the structure and functions of the organ systems of the human body
- Understand homeostasis in the human body
- Understand genetic inheritance
- Understand current issues in public health
1. Describe features and functions of:
- organs systems.
An annotated illustration may be used in the response.
2. Outline structures and functions of the organ systems of the human body to include:
3.Describe the relationship between the structure and function of the organ systems, to include:
- contribution of structure to function
- cell, tissues, organ, organ system.
4. Select one (1) organ system as outlined in 2 and explain: the relationship this organ system has with others to maintain healthy body functions.
- how an associated disorder may impact on an individual health.
5. Explain the process of homeostasis in the human body to include:
- homeostatic mechanisms
- self-regulating process
- feedback control
- role of hypothalamus and pituitary gland.
6. Analyse the role of homeostasis for healthy functioning of the human body.
7. Explain the relationship that exists between the nervous system and the endocrine system in gaining homeostatic control.
8. Describe two (2) types of genetic inheritance.
9. Explain the function of genetic screening.
10. Analyse the role of genetic counselling for healthcare practice.