Unit number and title: Unit 3: Human Resource Management
Assignment Title: HRM Case Study Review
You have been invited as an HR consultant to review the HR practice of an organisation as part of its organisational change.
The organisation’s processes will be updated based on the findings of a review report, which you have been asked to complete.
Assuming a company you are familiar with, you are required to submit a case study report based on the following tasks:
- Provide an overview of the organisation and an explanation on the purpose and functions of Human Resources Management in the organisation.
- Identify the organisation’s approaches to recruitment and selection and explain the strengths and weakness of the different approaches.
- Undertake an assessment of the organisation’s approach to workforce planning, recruitment and selection, development and training, performance management and reward systems.
- Evaluate the organisation’s approach to and effectiveness of employee relations and employee engagement, and comment on the adoption of flexible organisation and flexible working practice and ‘employer of choice’.
- Identify and evaluate the key areas of employment legislation within which the organisation must work
You have been asked to design and participate in the recruitment process for a role in the same organisation.
Conduct a brief evaluation of the process and the rationale for conducting appropriate HR practices
Create a document portfolio to include evidence of:
- The design of a job description and person specification for a new role within the organisation.
- Interview preparatory notes, selection criteria and an interview decision sheet of the candidate selected.
- A job offer to the selected candidate.