Business and the Business Environment - understanding of different organizations, the influence of stakeholders and the relationship between businesses and the local, national and global environments - Assignment Research Paper
Academic Level: Under-Graduate, Masters
Subject Area: Business & Management
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with an understanding of different organisations, the influence of stakeholders and the relationship between businesses and the local, national and global environments.
Students that are already in a working environment involving quality will benefit from studying this subject, as they will be able to immediately apply the knowledge and understanding gained to their workplace activity.
- Understand the organisational purposes of businesses
- Understand the nature of the national environment in which businesses operate
- Understand the behaviour of organisations in their market environment
- Be able to assess the significance of the global factors that shape national business activities
- Explain different types and purposes of organisations; public, private and voluntary sectors and legal structures.
- Explain the size and scope of a range of different types of organisations.
- Explain the relationship between different organisational functions and how they link to organisational objectives and structure.
- Analyse how the structure, size and scope of different organisations link to the business objectives and product and services offered by the organisation.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of interrelationships between organisational functions and the impact that can have upon organisational structure.
- Provide a critical analysis of the complexities of different types of business structures and the interrelationships of the different organisational functions