Title of unit/s: Using Information in Human Resources
- Understand the research process and different research approaches.
- Be able to conduct a critical review of information sources in an area of HR/business practice and analyse the findings.
- Be able to draw meaningful conclusions and evaluate options for change.
- Know how to deliver clear, business-focused reports on an HR issue.
Your CEO has asked each departmental head to undertake a critical review of their systems, processes and practices as part of a major organisational change agenda. You have been asked to review an area of HR/business practice and present a business report to key stakeholders with recommendations for
improving practice. To provide the basis for your report, you have been asked to conduct a critical review of information sources relevant to the area of practice. (AC 4.1)
- Select an area of HR/business practice and give the reason for your choice (AC 2.1)
- Undertake a critical review of different information sources (at least four) e.g. research digests, academic and professional literature, online databases, key texts relevant to the selected area of practice. (AC 2.2)
- Draw meaningful conclusions from the review of the different information sources. (AC 3.1)
- Make justified recommendations to named stakeholders for sustaining and/or improving practice.
- Summarise the key stages of the research process. (AC 1.1)
- Compare two different research methods. (AC 1.1)